Master of Science
Type of Study
Self-directed learning; online LIVE sessions
State-recognized; FIBAA accredited
You Will Learn
Competitive executives and project managers are known for having a good eye for the right employees, which is essential for excellent coping with economic and organizational challenges. This insightful competence that is crucial for the proper teamwork of human resources and organization is taught and practiced in the master’s degree course Business Management with the specialization in Business and Organizational Psychology.
This course will help you develop competencies in business psychology, diagnostics, organizational consulting and development, change management, and leadership, which makes it the optimal specialization for organization developers, recruitment consultants, HR associates, and coaches.
Apply now and start as soon as possible! No deadline applicable.Request Brochure!
You seek to advance your career by developing your critical thinking and building the expertise to improve workplace motivation and attitudes, support diversity, and build resilient leaders, thereby boosting your team and organization’s productivity. You are in a managerial or leadership position, aiming to strengthen your leadership qualities and bring impacts that help your people and organization thrive.
Your Future Perspectives
The practice-oriented knowledge given in the Business Management online master’s program can be employed in the following business and organizational fields with high demand on the labor market:.
- Business Management
- Project Management
- Market Research
- Network Management
- HR-related fields like Leadership, Recruitment or Human Resource Development
Selected LecturersAll Lecturers
The master program consists of foundation modules, which cover the topics of business and science, as well as specialization modules, which cover the topics of business and organizational psychology. These modules will be delivered to you via the INSIDER INSIDER Online Learning Tool, where you will get access to your learning materials, assignments, and exams. You can also join online LIVE sessions and engage in discussions with your classmates and the lecturer of each module. Additionally, you will also work on a Transfer Project, which will allow you to transfer the new knowledge you acquire into practice.
Your Foundation Modules
- Economics: Philosophical perspectives; Political approaches; Model landscape
- Politics: Definition and delimitation; Stakeholders; Power-bases; Influencing factors and processing methods
- Society: Perspectives; Expectations and influencing factors; Business ethics; CSR; Corporate governance; Compliance
- Systems theory of corporate governance; Levels and functions of an integrated corporate management system
- Key aspects of the normative management level (corporate values, goals, vision, culture, constitution, mission) as the starting point for strategy development
- Strategy focused organization and effective strategy process
- Market-oriented strategies (competitive, market, customer strategies, dynamic strategies, delta strategies)
- Resource-oriented strategies (business model, resource, and competence strategies)
- Innovation strategies and disruptive business models
- Innovation management by observing the environment - methods and current trends, especially in the context of digitization, e.g., innovation radar, trend radar, networking strategies
- Innovation management through leadership, corporate culture, and organization - methods and current trends, e.g., labs, design sprints, rapid prototyping
- Development and presentation of own innovation ideas
- Building blocks and tasks of the organization as a management task
- Importance of corporate culture and organizational culture
- Studies on motivation, satisfaction, loyalty, and commitment in companies
- Methods for strengthening agility in organizations
- Communication models
- Basics of non-violent communication
- Communication instruments and communication strategies of the management
- Directions of leadership
- Fields of application for project management and the spectrum of project types
- Controlling tools and project management
- Multi-project management and project portfolio management
- Leadership and conflict management in projects
- Identification of complex interdisciplinary social challenges and problems for which there may be a need for research.
- Definition of various possible research questions and appropriate methodological solutions
- Answering a selected research question by applying the methodical approach
- Basic concepts and rules of empirical research
- Criteria for selecting qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Specific aspects of conducting investigations
- Design-oriented research approaches
- Scientific communication and research ethics
- Advanced Statistics
- Data acquisition and preparation
- Introduction to a statistical program (SPSS and R)
- Various research and analysis methods
Your Specialization Modules
- General psychology
- Differential psychology
- Social psychology
- Psychological diagnostics
- Diagnostic instruments
- Crisis and conflict management
- Consulting Individuals
- Consulting Groups
- Consulting Organization
- Diagnosis on individual, team, and organization level
- Organizational Development vs. Change Management
- Evidence-based Diagnostics
- Psychological aspects of the group, structural aspects of the organization
- Psychological aspects of the individual
- Elements of successful change processes in organizations
- Instruments for successful change management
- Basic categories, challenges and approaches of leadership
- Psychological aspects in the leadership of individuals, teams and organizations
- Seven mindsets and practices of leadership
- Strategic personnel management
- Scientific examination of megatrends from the perspective of HR
- Transformation of the corporate strategy into human resources management
- HR as a business partner
- Agile personnel management
- Personnel management in ambidextrous corporate structures
- Trend research in personnel management
- Philosophies and drivers of change management
- Effective architecture and support of change processes
- Implementation of digital transformation, agile organisation and self-organisation
- Dealing with emotions and resistance
- Shaping change and staging it culturally
- Processing of practical examples of the students with the Change Canvas
- Organizational design for unpredictable environments
- Concepts of agility and ambidexterity
- Design principles for enterprise networks
- Methods of self-organization and collegially managed enterprises
- Basics of sociocracy and holacracy
Optional Additional Offers
Get a FREE trial now!
Click on the button below for more information about the INSIDER and claim your free trial
Your Study Structure
Start your studies whenever you want
Thanks to the unique curricular concept of the study program with flexible entry opportunities, you can start your studies any time which suits you best. We have a new intake every 2 (two) months – i.e., January, March, May, July, September, and November. All modules and additional sessions are arranged following your start. Direct your studies like never before!
Do it your way now, ONLINE!
Once admitted and enrolled, you will receive access to the exclusive learning solution designed precisely for this master’s program to secure your academic success. For each module, you get detailed specialized and multimedia materials. No fixed venues, and no travel and living expenses are needed.
Do your exam whenever it suits you
Integrated into our online learning solution, you are given up to six weeks to work on your module and complete your Transfer Works.
Your Transfer Project
Throughout your study, you will be working on a Transfer Project in the field of your choosing. Work on what intrigues and motivates you, and implement the new knowledge you gained immediately into practice or your area of work.
Stay supervised on your path to a degree
In addition to the online modules, you can join the online LIVE Group Study Sessions (GSS), where you will have the opportunity to discuss the module subjects intensively through content- and reflection-oriented sessions. You will also have the mandatory online LIVE Group Project Sessions (GPS), where you get the necessary support you need for the completion of your Transfer Project through exchange sessions with lecturers or project coaches.
Your final exam
Stand for your ideas and thoughts! The final exam covers the presentation and defense of your Master’s Thesis.
Sample Study Plan
Check out the sample study plan to get a better idea of when the LIVE sessions will take place, so you can plan your study accordingly to accommodate your other activities – i.e., work schedule, family commitments, etc.
Application to the course is open to anyone who can present a first university degree or an equivalent degree that also have modules in economics, finances, business, research methods, mathematics, and statistics (for at least 35 ECTS credit points). Students who does not fulfill this requirement can apply for a Pre-Master’s course at the IEC. To apply to this Master's program, please submit the following documents:
Latest updated CV (signed)
Letter of Intent
University Certificate with Transcript of Records (min. Bachelor's degree or equivalent)
Proof of English proficiency (IELTS 6,0 / CEFR - B2 / TOEFL Paper-Based 547 / TOEFL Internet-Based 78)
You can send these documents to Studentinfo@Steinbeis-IEC.de. or via our Online Application Form by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Your academic profile and working experience will be assessed in detail during 2 application interviews. To ensure that your application is processed as quickly as possible, all documents that are originally not in the German or English language should be translated to German or English by a sworn translator and sent in PDF format. A language proficiency certificate can be submitted upon admission if necessary. However, please note that you cannot be enrolled unless all documents required have been completely submitted. The application and admission procedures consist of 4 steps which might take up to 2-4 weeks to process:
- Submit your application via the online application form or via email. No deadlines to consider.
- Participate in 2 (two) application interviews which aim at assessing your profile and capabilities for the course
- If admitted, confirm the admission by submitting the completed admission documents by the submission deadline provided
- Once the first installment is paid, you are automatically enrolled in the course (unless you are required to complete a Pre-Master’s Course)
How to Apply
Submit your application via the online application form or email to Studeninfo@Steinbeis-IEC.de. No deadline to consider!
Participate in two admission interviews with our Admission Team and one of the Program Directors.
Upon getting accepted, confirm your admission by submitting the completed admission documents as instructed – please pay attention to the submission deadline.
Make payment of your first tuition fee installment and start your study!è>
Equal to 74.5€/ECTS
One-time admission fee
*Payment is made in 24-months period; no charge for study extension for up to 12-months
The tuition fees cover access to the INSIDER Online Learning Tool, teaching materials available via the e-learning platform Moodle, access to the online libraries, professional coaching during the student project as well as the access to IEC-Alumni organization. You can choose the payment option that is most suitable for you - i.e., total payment upfront, semester installment, or monthly installment. There will be no additional installment fees.How to Finance Your Study at Steinbeis
We will assist you in getting a better understanding of our study programs and making an informed decision
Claudia Hölter, MBA
International Students Advisor
+49 (0)30 8632 96714
Let us assist you further!
We are here to assist you with any questions you might have – be it about the study programs, admission process, or general questions to help you prepare for your study. Please feel free to book an appointment at a time that is convenient to you, and one of our team members will be happy to meet you.Book free consultation with Us!