Master of Science
Type of Study
online LIVE sessions
You Will Learn
This program imparts essential skills in business management. Additionally, the program is designed to cover the increasing demands on HR functions and change management. The most critical specialist knowledge, concepts, and instruments are imparted for the essential skills in business management, HR functions, and change management.
After completing this course, you can independently develop and implement business-oriented solutions in general and HR and change management strategies and concepts in particular. In combination with the strong basic knowledge learned from the business foundation modules, students develop a deep understanding of how to create business and customer-oriented HR and change designs.
Furthermore, with the intensive training on critical thinking skills, you will know how to analyze various success factors and possible pitfalls in Business, HR, and Change Management. In this background, you can contribute to concepts, decisions, and implementation in your company.
Apply now and start as soon as possible! No deadline applicable.Request Brochure!
You realize that change is of vital importance for organizational growth and success, and you want to lead your team toward successful change implementation and continuous improvement. You are looking to be a more effective leader, who can navigate through the complexity of organizational change brought about by organizational, cultural, human, as well as technological factors.
Your Future Perspectives
Our practice-oriented approach will allow you to develop the necessary skills and qualification to become successful in:
- Business Management
- HR Management
- Project Management
Selected LecturersAll Lecturers
The master program consists of foundation modules, which cover the topics of business and science, as well as specialization modules, which cover the topics of HR and change management. These modules will be delivered to you via the INSIDER Online Learning Tool, where you will get access to your learning materials, assignments, and exams. You can also join online LIVE sessions and engage in discussions with your classmates and the lecturer of each module. Additionally, you will also work on a Transfer Project, which will allow you to transfer the new knowledge you acquire into practice.
Your Foundation Modules
- Economics: Philosophical perspectives; Political approaches; Model landscape
- Politics: Definition and delimitation; Stakeholders; Power-bases; Influencing factors and processing methods
- Society: Perspectives; Expectations and influencing factors; Business ethics; CSR; Corporate governance; Compliance
- Systems theory of corporate governance; Levels and functions of an integrated corporate management system
- Key aspects of the normative management level (corporate values, goals, vision, culture, constitution, mission) as the starting point for strategy development
- Strategy focused organization and effective strategy process
- Market-oriented strategies (competitive, market, customer strategies, dynamic strategies, delta strategies)
- Resource-oriented strategies (business model, resource, and competence strategies)
- Innovation strategies and disruptive business models
- Innovation management by observing the environment - methods and current trends, especially in the context of digitization, e.g., innovation radar, trend radar, networking strategies
- Innovation management through leadership, corporate culture, and organization - methods and current trends, e.g., labs, design sprints, rapid prototyping
- Development and presentation of own innovation ideas
- Building blocks and tasks of the organization as a management task
- Importance of corporate culture and organizational culture
- Studies on motivation, satisfaction, loyalty, and commitment in companies
- Methods for strengthening agility in organizations
- Communication models
- Basics of non-violent communication
- Communication instruments and communication strategies of the management
- Directions of leadership
- Fields of application for project management and the spectrum of project types
- Controlling tools and project management
- Multi-project management and project portfolio management
- Leadership and conflict management in projects
- Identification of complex interdisciplinary social challenges and problems for which there may be a need for research.
- Definition of various possible research questions and appropriate methodological solutions
- Answering a selected research question by applying the methodical approach
- Basic concepts and rules of empirical research.
- Criteria for selecting qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Specific aspects of conducting investigations.
- Design-oriented research approaches.
- Scientific communication and research ethics.
- Data acquisition and preparation
- Introduction to a statistical program (SPSS and R)
- Various research and analysis methods
Your Specialization Modules
Optional Additional Offers
Your Study Process
Get a FREE trial now!
Click on the button below for more information about the INSIDER and claim your free trial
Your Study Structure
Start your studies whenever you want
Thanks to the unique curricular concept of the study program with flexible entry opportunities, you can start your studies any time which suits you best. We have a new intake every 2 (two) months – i.e., January, March, May, July, September, and November. All modules and additional sessions are arranged following your start. Direct your studies like never before!
Do it your way now, ONLINE!
Once admitted and enrolled, you will receive access to the exclusive learning solution designed precisely for this master’s program to secure your academic success. For each module, you get detailed specialized and multimedia materials. No fixed venues, and no travel and living expenses are needed.
Do your exam whenever it suits you
Integrated into our online learning solution, you are given up to six weeks to work on your module and complete your Transfer Works.
Your Transfer Project
Throughout your study, you will be working on a Transfer Project in the field of your choosing. Work on what intrigues and motivates you, and implement the new knowledge you gained immediately into practice or your area of work.
Stay supervised on your path to a degree
In addition to the online modules, you can join the online LIVE Group Study Sessions (GSS), where you will have the opportunity to discuss the module subjects intensively through content- and reflection-oriented sessions. You will also have the mandatory online LIVE Group Project Sessions (GPS), where you get the necessary support you need for the completion of your Transfer Project through exchange sessions with lecturers or project coaches.
Your final exam
Stand for your ideas and thoughts! The final exam covers the presentation and defense of your Master’s Thesis.
Sample Study Plan
Check out the sample study plan to get a better idea of when the LIVE sessions will take place, so you can plan your study accordingly to accommodate your other activities – i.e., work schedule, family commitments, etc.
While the study program is delivered by the IEC, it is organized in accordance with the study regulations and policies (SPO) of Steinbeis University. During your study period, you are expected to follow the policies and guidelines provided by both institutions.More about the study policies
According to the SPO, the study program is called
Master Business Management (M.Sc.)
Management, Entrepreneurship & Strategy
HR and Change Management
What is ECTS?
ECTS is a standard calculation of credit points used by European universities to show the students’ workload. ECTS credit points are a quantitative means to describe the workload that the students have completed or need to complete during their study – whether it is in the form of learning activities or achievement of the expected learning outcomes.More about ECTS here
Application to the course is open to anyone who can present a first university degree or an equivalent degree that also have modules in economics, finances, business, research methods, mathematics, and statistics (for at least 35 ECTS credit points). Students who do not fulfill this requirement can apply for a Pre-Master’s course at the IEC. To apply to this Master's program, please submit the following documents:
Latest updated CV (signed)
Letter of Intent
University Certificate with Transcript of Records (min. Bachelor's degree or equivalent)
Proof of English proficiency (IELTS 6,0 / CEFR - B2 / TOEFL Paper-Based 547 / TOEFL Internet-Based 78)
You can send these documents to Studentinfo@Steinbeis-IEC.de or via our Online Application Form by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Your academic profile and working experience will be assessed in detail during 2 application interviews. To ensure that your application is processed as quickly as possible, all documents that are originally not in the German or English language should be translated to German or English by a sworn translator and sent in PDF format. A language proficiency certificate can be submitted upon admission if necessary. However, please note that you cannot be enrolled unless all documents required have been completely submitted. The application and admission procedures consist of 4 steps which might take up to 2-4 weeks to process:
- Submit your application via the online application form or via email. No deadlines to consider.
- Participate in 2 (two) application interviews which aim at assessing your profile and capabilities for the course
- If admitted, confirm the admission by submitting the completed admission documents by the submission deadline provided
- Once the first installment is paid, you are automatically enrolled in the course (unless you are required to complete a Pre-Master’s Course)
How to Apply
Submit your application via the online application form or email to Studeninfo@Steinbeis-IEC.de. No deadline to consider!
Participate in two admission interviews with our Admission Team and one of the Program Directors.
Upon getting accepted, confirm your admission by submitting the completed admission documents as instructed – please pay attention to the submission deadline.
Make a payment of your first tuition fee installment and start your study!è>
The Cost of Study
373€ * /Mo
* /Month Equal to 74.5€/ECTS
One-time admission fee
*Payment is made in 24-months period; no charge for study extension for up to 12-months
The tuition fees cover access to the INSIDER Online Learning Tool, teaching materials available via the e-learning platform Moodle, access to the online libraries, professional coaching during the student project as well as the access to IEC-Alumni organization. You can choose the payment option that is most suitable for you - i.e., total payment upfront, semester installment, or monthly installment. There will be no additional installment fees.How to Finance Your Study at Steinbeis
We will assist you in getting a better understanding of our study programs and making an informed decision
Claudia Hölter, MBA
International Students Advisor
+49 (0)30 8632 96714
Let us assist you further!
We are here to assist you with any questions you might have – be it about the study programs, admission process, or general questions to help you prepare for your study. Please feel free to book an appointment at a time that is convenient to you, and one of our team members will be happy to meet you.Book free consultation with us