The dynamic development and constant transformation of businesses, economy and societies bring many new challenges in all areas of working life which are calling for modern professional and management competencies. Our Master program Industrial and Organizational Psychology – or as commonly known in Europe as Business and Organizational Psychology – teaches the essential functional and managerial expertise to develop the personal skills you need to understand and shape the many factors and mechanisms at work in any organization.
Industrial and organizational psychologists are in great demand in the labor market, be it as HR specialist, trainers, coaches, or as business consultants. Everyone from many walk of life are welcome to apply, because our Master program is suitable for anyone – from business managers, HRM managers, psychologists, marketing experts, social workers, engineers and scientists, to students from other professions working in enterprises and organizations who are interested in finding new career opportunities (e.g. in retail, services, consulting, banking and insurance, healthcare and social work, associations or public institutions and authorities).
Industrial Organizational Psychology Graduate Programs
We offer scientifically grounded academic studies with a strong professional practice. The aim of our Master program is to produce professionals who are prepared to face a vast range of functions and fields of work. In addition to this, our campus is located at one of Berlin’s business hub, with many companies in the surrounding area.
Advantages of studying I/O Psychology at the IEC
- Opportunity to flexibly adjust the pace of your studies to accommodate your personal needs – to suit with your work and family commitments.
- Opportunity to take your study materials to work and discuss them with your colleagues – which also helps apply your new sights to your everyday practice.
- Access to a diverse professional network in various industries.
- Real-time industry insight from our faculty members who are also working professionals.
- Opportunity to study and work together with other students in an international and multicultural environment.
- Dedicated learning platform provided to aid communication during your course. Should you be unable to attend a classroom session, you have the opportunity to repeat what you have missed at a later date.
Major Topics I/O Psychology
- Business & Organizational Development
- Business & Market Psychology
- Human Resource Management
- Change Management
“Each module is carefully thought out considering the scope of issues and problems we deal with in organizations. It is very insightful to learn factual theories and practices related to organizational issues and prepare a knowledge bank for myself while looking for solutions in the real world. The lecturers have multiple years of management experience so they can relate and guide us more pragmatically than purely academic professors.” - Trupti Kavathekar, Human Resources Professional
“The Study Program offers advanced methods to explore the state of organizations and unlock the hidden dynamics of the psychology of change, fundamental aspects in the age of acceleration. Those methods help me becoming an expert of the change and ultimately finding ad-hoc interventions to unleash individual and organizational potentials as people leader in the short term and as business coach in the future.” – Evangelista De Luca, Leader Budget and Headcount Planning
“I really enjoy the practice-orientated examples the lecturers tend to share. I am able to make a comparison with my Bachelor’s degree that had more theoretical orientation and was delivered mainly by academics. As a whole, it helped me to develop critical and scientific thinking and now I am happy acquiring another degree with a different perspective that is exclusively relevant to my current profession and more practice-orientated.” – Kristina Galabova, HR & Technical Recruitment Consultant